Friday, July 13, 2012

Freeky Friday: Pick Me Ups



Freeky Friday



Happy Friday the 13th, Freeks! We hope you're not too superstitious to answer today's prompt?
What are your little pick-me-ups?
Well this topic just begs for a photo list, dontchathink? Here are a few of my favorite tactics to beating the blues:

Reading Harry Potter on my Kindle (I obviously need this cover!)

Funky Wayfarers

Walking in Central Park


Playing on Pinterest (can you tell from these other pictures?)

Painting my nails (although I could never manage something this crazy!)

Sitting in a coffee shop

Stalking brilliant designers on sites like Society6

Stalking puppy pictures, like this one from amazing rescue org Badass Brooklyn

Baking (you saw that one coming)

What are your little pick-me-ups?
In case you forgot, anyone can get Freeky on Fridays! You can participate in three different ways:
  • Write a blog post using the badge html above, then comment on my post with a link to your post
  • Tweet your answer using the tag #FreekyFriday
  • "Like" the  Freekware Facebook page, then comment on there with your answer
Every time you post, tweet or comment in the month of July, you'll automatically be entered to win some tasty treats and a contribution to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in your name. There are two more Fridays left in July, so you could have plenty of chances to win!


Come on back next Friday, July 20th, and answer this prompt:

How do you stay healthy?




1 comment:

  1. Fun! My pick-me-ups also include reading and fresh air. A good manicure/pedicure often does the trick. As much as I love Pinterest, I find the pick-me-up in the moment is often followed by dismay when I realize how much time I've wasted drooling over food photos and "awwing" all the cute puppies.

    REAL puppies: now there's a no-fail pick-me-up!

    ReplyDelete