Friday, August 5, 2011

Freeky Friday: Love That Dirty Water

Freeky Friday




Welcome to the first Freeky Friday of August! Today's topic:
If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be?

I've had a love affair with Boston my whole life. I spent many summers on South Shore, and we would always venture into the city to explore a little. In 2004, I had the opportunity to do a summer at Boston University for a theatre program; it changed my life. Not only did I form amazing friendships and realize just how independent I am capable of being, it reaffirmed my love of Boston and showed me that I was born to live in a big city. While I went back to visit in 2005 and in winter 2009, it wasn't until my visit last month that I really saw just how important Boston is to me.

I love the history...




...and the scenery...




...and the sports.



But most of all, I love the wonderful memories I share with some of my favorite people.



What about you? Where would go right now if you could go anywhere?

Remember, anyone can get Freeky on Fridays! You can participate in three different ways:
  • Write a blog post using the badge html above, then comment on my post with a link to your post
  • Tweet your answer using the tag #FreekyFriday
  • "Like" the  Freekware Facebook page, then comment on there with your answer
Every time you post, tweet or comment in the month of August, you'll be entered to win some homemade cookies and a contribution to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in your name. There are four Fridays in August, so you can be entered to win up to 12 times!

Be sure to come back next Friday, August 12th for an all new prompt:

Who inspires you?


4 comments:

  1. http://thesigninglife.blogspot.com/2011/08/freeky-friday-where-to-begin.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love it if you were in Boston right now. Then we could enjoy this amazing Greek food I am having right now and then run across the street to do some shopping at Fanueil Hall after!! Miss you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making me homesick :P One of my life goals is to have a summer home in SoShore...even if it's a 1-bedroom condo a mile from the ocean. I need a commitment to that place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boston is one of my all-time faves! I'm there at least twice a year to visit my brothers who remind me constantly that I should live there, too. Oh, one of these days! And even if it was just for a weekend, I'd drop everything to go to Florence, Italy.

    PS. Julia, I love your bottom-of-the-barrel summer home condo. I vote for a multi-person buy-in on a summer home!

    ReplyDelete