Sunday, July 24, 2011

But You Were All Yellow

I've mentioned many times how much I love wandering around the city. With the recent heat wave, I've found myself walking even more; yes, I said more. That's because on the streets you get the breeze off the Hudson and can find shady spots to hide in, while the subway platforms feel, quite literally, like hell. So yesterday when my friend and I decided to visit a bit of Midtown East, we decided to give our walk a bit of a purpose. Inspired by a sorority sister, we picked a color and took pictures of everything we could find in our scheme. Today's color: Yellow.







More yellow (and a ton of pictures) after the jump...




































Have you ever been inspired by a particular color or found beauty in an unlikely place? What color should we hunt for next?

7 comments:

  1. I love this! What a fun idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I would enjoy walking around in this heat much more if i had something like this to do along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally going to do this in Boston. Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! Such happiness with yellow. Cool Blue next? Great shots btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! It sounds like a fun day!
    Why not go with your favorite green next? Or my favorite, blue? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look for the St. Louis edition of this coming up in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete