sweet tea
cupcaking
verbing (the act of making a noun into a verb)
pandas
Jason Mraz
pumpkin spice anything
the Boston Red Sox
painting
Bethesda Terrace
receiving mail
fleur-di-lis topped keys
pasta with fresh vegetables
Glee
sapphires
Soarin'
the view from my linguistics class
getting paid to do my homework
telling people they're inadvertently using ASL
Instant Netflix
hotel pens
redoing all the pictures in my room
cute stationary
Target
anything orange and blue
when Google changes its icon
epiphany moments
my students' epiphany moments
proofreading
signing songs
telling people that I really mean signing, not singing
costumes
Philharmagic
my cousins
synesthesia
jazz standards
black and white movies
surrounding myself with talented people
hipsters
wedding blogs
quoting movies
quoting song lyrics
quoting 30 Rock
when people get my references
making lists
sing-a-longs
living among artists
my incredible luck with random roommates
the color turquoise
Target
frozen strawberry margaritas
painting frames
leaves that change color
apples with peanut butter
when Pandora reads my mind
Chick-fil-A
southern hospitality
reading for pleasure
a tablespoon of ice cream in fresh coffee
when my friends start using my slang
my Lilly Pulitzer Pandamonium bag
awesomely bad things
movie trailers
bright colors
my mom's craftiness
my dad's wit
my friends' kindness
being appreciated
having such wonderful people in my life
Anything else? Agreements, disagreements?
I love all of these things! I would also like to add you putting "synesthesia" on here to MY list of favorite things :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, the "here's how we make sure you're a human" thing that I had to type in to submit that last comment was "fishnom"...which makes the list for me, as well.
ReplyDeleteExplain to me, please, the difference between verbing and a gerund?
ReplyDeleteJulia: I just really like synesthesia. It's an awesome word for an awesome thing. It's also listed as my interest on Facebook. And fishnoms sound the opposite of delicious but hilarious at the same time.
ReplyDeleteD-O: I think, although I'm probably wrong, gerunds are just a verb tense (the infinite -ing), while words created through verbification are not actually verbs but just nouns used as verbs... until society takes over and decides they're acceptable (to host a party, to access a file, to gift an item, to email a person)
Warriner defined a gerund as an active noun, such as: hosting, accessing, gifting or emailing. Although, at the time I learned this monumental bit of arcania, several of those words did not exist. I believe they used running, skipping and car-hopping instead.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE hotel pens. Also, coincidentally, The Silver Screening Room.
ReplyDeletecar-hopping?